Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Empowering Women in Asia - AWE '13 is here for us!!!

Breaking away from the stereotypes of being an Asian woman is probably the hardest challenge of to date for me. Ever since I decided to drop everything that was so-called important in life, I have been constantly critiqued for that choice. 

I enjoy life in my own way nowadays - still single at this age and without employment commitment to worry much. Whenever I feel like exploring a new place, I would just pack and leave. Every moment I encounter will be an opportunity for me to write and tell. 

It is never easy to choose this kind of lifestyle, though. Over the past couple of years, painstakingly I have been searching for information and knowledge so I could supplement this so-called 'unconventional lifestyle of mine'. When I first stated out as a solo female traveler, I must admit that it was not an easy journey. Although Mr Google is there to provide, I could not find anything sufficient to help with the decision made. Of course, over the years I have met with few other female travelers from Asia who shares the same passion as mine.

So, when I was introduced to AWEAsia, I was happy. In less than a month, AWE '13 will take place in Kuala Lumpur. Not only I would like to be inspired, I wish that the event would be a platform for me to build a better network as well as to find people of same interest - I am looking for someone as a consolation to this challenging path.

If you are asking this question, "How could you choose to become an independent traveler?" then I would recommend you to come and join me (and many other successful women) in the quest to finding the right answer!!!
******
Are you a freelancer, world traveler, non-profit starter, blogger, creative mind,
and mostly, woman with a passion to make change in your world?

AWE ‘13 is here for you!



If you are seeking for inspiration, here’s your change. With the lead of fourteen inspiring speakers, AWE ’13 will help you to find the missing key in your life to happiness. 

Purpose of AWE conference
AWE ’13 is for empowering Asian women to follow their dreams and thrive in an independent lifestyle. Breaking the mold, and standing out is tougher for Asian women in a male-dominated society. We are restricted by culture, religion, and social convention. Many ambitious women have been going abroad, where it’s easier to follow their passions in an unconventional path. The world is changing, and Asia is slowly participating in the movement. While it is still difficult to choose your own path in Asian society, there are more inspirational Asian women who are impacting our global world. AWE Conference will present models of successful Asian women, and discuss participant’s current life goals through workshops while designing the roads to success. 

Who is this conference for

AWE Conference is designed for Asian women and expatriates in Asia who want to:

✦ Thrive with unconventional life choices
✦ Acquire ideas of diverse ways of success
✦ Belong to a community of inspiring women
✦ Seek more opportunities in life
✦ Get inspired to achieve their dreams
 
How to join
     Save your seat at this link: Online Registration
Regular Registration: US$42  (Student discount is available)
a.      PayPal
b.     Bank Transfer (email info@aweasia.org for the bank detail)
  

What do you get from your ticket


Two Meals and Beverages
Pre-AWE KL Food Tour
Attend All Sessions
Keynotes
AWE Organization Community Pass
Official Party
Access to AWE Members Profile

AWE ’13 Program


What we want to achieve
To spark inspiration, initiate action. Ideas will simply remain ideas if not connected to action. Through the AWE Conference I want to not only spark inspiration from successful cases of Asian female trailblazers, but also initiate action by offering practical information. Support systems for Asian women who want to step aside from the common path do not always exist. Freelancers, world travelers, non-profit/ngo starters, and creatives are struggling with the lack of support. 

Furthermore, women from underprivileged backgrounds are not encouraged often enough to be involved in society’s hierarchical system. Against all these odds, there are women who have followed their passion, and have achieved enormous success. I have invited some of the most inspiring of these women to my conference. They will share their story of success with participants. They will share their stories of struggle and success with participants, providing real-world guidance and inspiration. They will also answer questions and offer practical information to participants so they can begin creating their own unconventional success stories.


Our speakers





Official sponsors


Silver Sponsor

Giveaway Sponsor

EXPO Sponsor

Special thanks to:


 Official Website: http://conference.aweasia.org/
 Contact: info@aweasia.org


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails