Saturday, April 27, 2013

[Snippet] Catching a Moment - Finding way to a hidden island

I have been trying to recall memory so I could start writing something about my first and previous adventure in Taiwan. Here is a short snippet of the story that I wrote for an application to another opportunity.

*********
It was already day 41 when I arrived in Fuzhou. Next stop on my travel list was Nankan Island. The only ONE online guide found mentioned about ferry service between Fuzhou and this small island. As I was struggling with the hotel receptionist in Chinese, suddenly a guy, who was sitting on the couch next to the counter, said, “Do you want to go to Nankan?” in his weird Chinese accent.

Soon, I found myself so nervous and agitated.
This big and serious looking guy suddenly appeared next to me with so much determination trying to convince me that he could bring me to Nankan the next day. I was not ready to follow a stranger while traveling alone.


Read more at WorldNomads.com

The awesome pictures of this magical island are available on the MakikoS & Thumbelina@KL Facebook Page in "Discovering Nankan Island, Taiwan" photo album.

Due to the messy traveling schedule I am currently dealing with, I have to delay (slightly) the writing and posting of new travel stories. 


NEXT DESTINATION: Indonesia


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails