Thursday, December 17, 2009

Part I: Need & Want - A personal perspective

This piece was written on FB notes in Nov 2008 - I think it is worth to be re-visited in view to this year-end self evaluation.

I reached to a point in life where suddenly I feel so much hatred and disgust over the existence of people. Weird enough with such feelings, but I couldn’t make myself to blame all people for being who they are. I am who I am and they are who they are. I have no rights of accusing, but I felt responsible for making these people believe that they deserve everything they are.

For the past few weeks, my life has suddenly become so irrational, until I realized that my emotional self has been affecting my daily routine significantly. I understand from where that came from. I realized that comfort and achievement cannot blend well together. At least both aren’t, for me. How many of us work extremely hard to make certain accomplishment in order to bring comfort to our lives? For many years, I strive to do things differently hoping for the sense of comfort I need to live a decent life.

Our existence on this planet is for reasons, which we may or may not be aware of. Whether you are an individualist or not, we coexists with other people, and other life or/and non-life forms on this planet. Believe it or not, because of those reason, we compromise our liberty to survive.

“We get what we got, not what we want.” 

I have written something about ‘life is truth and living life is series of lies’, not so long ago. Cliché it may sound especially in this world where we strive at being honest and trustworthy at everything we do. There are theories elaborating the human psychology and sociology of how we put on masks to we could fit and survive the many faucets of life.

People are being labeled as being extroverts and introverts, describing the personality embodied by us while facing the never-ending challenging world. Either you are an extrovert or introvert, have you ever paused for a moment and think (I mean rationally, without the influence of any kind or sense of emotion involved), if this is really who you are?

My initial statement above may seem to be very rough to some, but I have reasons for deciding so. When you reach to a point where you have compromised so many things in life, personally, just to make sure that you survive, I am sure you will have the opportunity to at least feel or think the same. Because we co-exist, so we have to make sure that our existence is somehow making sense. Without that sense you will loose the reason to be able to survive. Since survival is inevitable, we are pushed to act as the majority will accept. Not the other way around.

Does anyone ever question the reason for ‘going with the flow’? Is it because the majority needs it to be that way? Or is it because the majority wants it to be that way?

Reminder: “We get what we got, not what we want.” 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails