Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday's Evening Stage Show

My sister and I had a blast evening today.

Sometime about two months ago, she had asked me if I would want to join her and see a friend of hers performing. It was a good idea going to see a dance performance.

Her friend's dancing school had planned for a charity concert. Today was the day. We were entertained by 18 dances by almost 70 students (dancers).

Although it was a simple concert, while I was watching the dances, I can't helped myself from feeling sentimental. I used to study performing arts for a short stint before. Nevertheless that period gave me so much experience and memories. I wished I could continue my passion in dance. I can still remember the moves and musics, and of course the exciting hours rehearsing with friends before any dance show.


My sister and I are 10 years apart. Seeing the young girls dancing on stage do make me feel a bit old. I was thinking earlier if I still have the stamina and energy to dance (or make any dancing moves). I can see her enthusiasm of wanting to do a many things. I sure did thought the same when I was at her age.

In the end, the 2 hours performance have made a significant impact to me. This is the first time in so many years, for me to actually go out and enjoy a stage performance. I can say that my first attempt trying to 'go-out' again was not so bad. At least me and my sister enjoyed each other company for the evening. 
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails