Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lets Learn JAPANESE (Lesson 1)

It has been quite sometime for me to use my Japanese language skills. I started learning the language on my own sometime about 10 years ago. I even did Japanese Language as a minor for my degree. There were several instances where I almost (take note here :-p) had the chance to really go to Japan and stay there. 

I fell in love with the country and culture, and like many wise advise - One will learn more about a place and culture either by its food or language.

Perhaps it would be nice if I can share the knowledge about the language with others. Starting from today, I will regularly post basic Japanese language for others to start learning and enjoy the beauty of the language (just like I do). Have fun, ya..!!!


Lesson 1 : Basic Greetings
  • Good Morning: おはようございます。[ohayo gozaimasu]
  • Good Afternoon: こんにちは。[konnichiwa]
  • Good Evening: こんばんは。[konbanwa]
  • Good Night (before sleep): おやすみなさい。[oyasumi nasai]
  • How are you?: おげんきですか。[ogenki desu ka]
  • Please to meet you (1st time greeting): はじめまして。[hajimemashite]
  • I'm sorry/ Excuse me: すみません。[sumimasen]
  • Thank you: ありがとうございます。[arigato gozaimasu]
  • See you again, next time: またあいましょう。[mata aimashou]
  • Good Bye: さよなら。[sayonara]


For a start the above are the most common greetings used. Don't forget to practice (",)

PS. If there is any suggestions, please feel free to comment on the post in my blog directly (Please view the original content for those reading this post in facebook NOTES)


よろしくおねがいします!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails