Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Falling in love with my own best friend

Credit to Amazon UK
My Best Friend’s Wedding is one of many most memorable movies I have ever watched. It has somehow influenced my set of values, especially those related to love, respect and mutual understanding. Surely there must be many among us who may have experienced an awkward situation; the least by having a different feeling towards the person whom one thought to be the best friend.


In reality, an ideal loving relationship should be built with your own best friend. Although it is more common in our culture where friendship and love relationship are known to be different type human interactions/ engagements, would you agree if I propose that every relationship will be better managed between two individuals who are best friends?

Top three reasons for wanting to have your best friend as a partner:-
  • They understand each other by tolerating to all faults and embracing to all uniqueness, respectively.
  • They understand the concept of individual rights, and demand less of unnecessary commitments
  • They involve in most arguments but rarely in quarrels – everything is openly shared to each other.
While normal partnership focuses on charming and getting attention of one-another, friends are more likely to focus on making achievements and finding happiness for both. An ideal love relationship for best friends is when both share the same passion and commitments to making the relationship a more meaningful. Failing so shall create ambiguity – one may accuse another of not knowing; when the actual fact is the other way around.



You give your hand to me
And then you say hello
And I can hardly speak
My heart is beating so
And anyone can tell
You think you know me well, But you don't know me
No you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night
And longs to kiss your lips
Longs to hold you tight
Oh I am just a friend
That's all I've ever been
Cause you don't know me
I never knew the art of making love
No my heart aches with love for you
Afraid and shy I let my chance go by
The chance that you might love me too
You give your hand to me
And then you say goodbye
I watch you walk away beside the lucky guy
Oh you will never know
The one who loves you so
Well you don't know me
You give your hand to me
And then you say goodbye
I watch you walk away beside the lucky guy
Oh you will never know
The one who loves you so
Cause you don't know me
Oh no you don't know me
OOhh...you don't know me

3 comments:

it seems weird to fall in love with your bestfriend but i agreed about the understanding thing..

If you see it from another perspective - you can always make be best friends to the person you love =D

finally i found this entry. ive been searching for it as the link you have provided lead me nowhere. making your love ones as a good best friend indeed a good way to reach pure happiness. and, at the same time making your best friend as your partner is nothing weird and wrong at all.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails