Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 0 to 2: Packing and unexpected change of plan

Day 0: The day before I left for Sungai Petani, I was frantically up to toes making sure that everything on my checklist made into my bag. Surprisingly despite knowing how much I (love) travel, I looked at my small 45 liter backpack. I have been travelling almost all my life and it should be time for this small friend of mine to be upgraded. This journey will approximately take me away from home for about 45-50 days. Definitely I should have gotten a bigger bag. Well, it did not de-motivate me at all. In fact, I learnt quickly how to be more self organize and prioritize the stuffs which I should carry.


The plan for now is...
Kuala Lumpur - Sg Petani by bus
Sg Petani - Butterworth by ride
Butterworth - Bangkok - Ayutthaya by train
Ayutthaya - Bangkok - Aranyaprathet by train
Poiphet - Siem Reap by bus
Siem Reap - Phnom Penh by boat
Phnom Penh - Saigon (HCMC) by bus
Saigon - Danang (Hoi An) by train
Danang - Hanoi by train
Hanoi - Nanning - Guangzhou by train
Guangzhou - Macau by train
Macau - Hong Kong by ferry
Hong Kong - Shenzhen by train
Shenzhen - Fuzhou by train
Fuzhou - Matsu Island - Keelung Island (Taiwan) by ferry


Day 1: I hopped on Transnasional Express Bus heading to Sungai Petani, Kedah. It would be a good chance for me to get my blessing and bid bye bye to my parents before leaving the country. The journey from Hentian Duta Station to Sungai Petani Station was about 5 hours. I did not have enough sleep the night before so I took the opportunity to get a decent sleep on the bus. Sungai Petani is not so foreign to me as I originally came from this Northern state.


Day 2: My train scheduled from Butterworth to Bangkok was at 2.40pm. The railway station is located about 40 minutes drive from my parents' house. I am glad that both mama & papa tagged me along to send me off. Reaching at the railway station I was informed that southern part of Thailand, including the furthest north cities bordering Thai has been flooded. Train to Bangkok has been cancelled until further noticed.


The original plan was to travel by land all the way from Kuala Lumpur to my last destination. However, when the plan of travelling by train was not possible, at this moment, I did not feel demotivated at all. Instead, I rushed to Penang International Airport trying to get a flight out of the country. Thank you to MHmobile, I was able to buy a ticket at a reasonably cheap price from Penang to Bangkok. 


There was no flight on the same day, so I had to opt for the next day flight. With less than 24 hours for the flight, we (remember, my parents were still with me) drove to Seri Malaysia Hotel. It was just a decent stay at the hotel.


Day 3: Now I am sitting at Old Town White Coffee Cafe at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Since I was early checking in at Penang, I was moved to an earlier flight (at no extra cost!! Yipee!!!). Unfortunately, all flight from Penang to Bangkok by Malaysia Airlines is via Kuala Lumpur. 


I am still full of energy and hope for this travel. I wonder how would it be once I reach Bangkok, later..?? I better get myself stuffed as I would need to travel by train in the evening before reaching my next destination.


PS. For new readers, welcome on board. Feel free to leave comment. To Mama & Papa, thank you for your love and support.



1 comments:

mama n papa doakan kakak happy dengan apa yang kakak lakukan, ingat pesanan mama. n papa...lebih2lagi deretan pesanan dari mama yg tak akan habis selagi kakak tak sampai balik kepangkuan kami....moga kakak dilindungi Allah senantiasa...aminnn....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails